Thursday 21 June 2012

The crying piggy bank




Every night, sad piggy banks can be heard weeping while its owner loses his soul during the journey to attain financial freedom.

I am just your average Singapore Joe who had been tring to unlock the cheat code of being truly happy when one is financially free. Everyone has its own definition of financial freedom, be it conquering all the millions in the world, or just being able to bail out of a rat race to retire comfortably in his mortgage free HDB flat with his CPF. I had draw out my own careful plan which include investments that can make my saving giving the inflation a good cock fight, comfortable family financial budgeting, and occasional TOTO bets.

While on the road to financial freedom victory, many lost more of their soul than those who lost their way in the jungle over populated by money trees. Misers who skimp on every cent to compromise on their daily comfort. Backstabbers, axe wielders, that climb up the corporate ladder faster than a Nasa rocket. Parents who work too hard to miss the first step taken by their baby. Have they forgotten the reason of why they set their foot on the path to financial freedom in the first place? To be happy? Are they?


I started this blog to remind myself constantly the true happiness of being financially free. It simply means when I get there someday, I would still be contented with that kind of raw happiness the first time I drove my dad’s 8 year old Japanese car compared to those who need the latest Ferrari model   to push their happiness to another level like a drug.  And  hopefully I would be qualified enough to teach my offspring a thing or two to cross the finishing line of financial freedom with a smiling piggy bank.

1 comment:

  1. What is your definition of financial freedom then?

    ReplyDelete